This page describes how the website manages the processing of users' personal data.
This notice is given pursuant to Article 13 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 - Personal Data Protection Code - and is addressed to those who interact with the web services of the Company Gianni Versace S.p.A. (hereinafter the “Company”), accessible via the internet at the addresses:
(hereinafter “Versace websites”) and corresponding to the respective home pages of the Company's official websites.
Detailed notices on the processing of personal data are provided, where necessary, on the pages relating to individual services. These notices are aimed at defining the limits and methods of data processing for each service, based on which the visitor can freely express his/her consent, authorising the collection of data and its subsequent use.
The notice relates exclusively to the aforementioned corporate websites, and not to other websites that may be accessed by the user via hyperlinks.
Consultation of this website may lead to the processing of data relating to persons that are or can be identified.
The Data Controller is the company Gianni Versace S.p.A., with registered office in Milan (Italy), Via A. Manzoni 38, 20121.
Data processing relating to the web services of this website takes place at:
- LLX Global Business Services SA, a company incorporated under laws of Swiss with registered offices at Via Industria 1, 6987 Caslano, (Switzerland) - which acts as Data Processor on behalf of the Company.
- LLX Global Business Services UK Limited, a company incorporated under laws of United Kingdom with registered offices at 5 Fleet Place, London EC4M 7RD (United Kingdom) - which acts as Data Processor on behalf of the Company.
- Diennea S.r.l., a company incorporated under the laws of Italy, with registered office in Viale G. Marconi 30/14 48018 Faenza (RA) (Italy) - which acts as Data Processor on behalf of the Company.
- Porini Insight S.r.l.- company managed and controlled by Porini S.r.l, with legal headquarter in via Milano 37/C, 20064 Gorgonzola (MI), (Italy) - which acts as Data Processor on behalf of the Company.
- ASM Italy S.r.l., a company incorporated under the laws of Italy, with registered office in via F. Filzi, 19 20124 Milano (Italy) - which acts as Data Processor on behalf of the Company.
- Arvato eCommerce Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH, a company incorporated under the laws of Germany with registered office in An der Autobahn, 33333 Gütersloh (Germany) - which acts as Data Processor on behalf of the Company.
During their normal operation, the computer systems and software procedures used to operate this website collect some personal data, the transmission of which is an integral part of Internet communication protocols.
This information is not collected in order to be associated with identified data subjects but, by its very nature, it might allow users to be identified by processing and associating it with data held by third parties.
This category of data includes the IP address or domain name of the computer used by visitors connecting to the website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) of requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received as a reply, the numeric code indicating the status of the reply given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters regarding the user's operating system and computer environment.
This data is used exclusively to obtain anonymous statistics on website use and to check its proper functioning, and is deleted immediately after processing. The data might also be used to ascertain any liability in cases of alleged computer crimes against the website: without prejudice to this possibility, at present data of contacts from the web is not held for more than seven days.
Data freely provided by the user
The optional, explicit and free sending of emails to the addresses indicated on this website and the filling in of data collection forms on this website involve the subsequent acquisition of the sender's address and/or of the information provided, which is required to respond to the requests; correspondence enables other personal data included in the messages to be acquired.
Specific summary notices are progressively reported or displayed on the website pages dedicated to particular services on demand.
The personal data requested via Versace websites is collected and processed for the following purposes:
1. To pursue your requests and manage the relation you wish to establish with our Company or the one already existing between you and the Company;
2. For administrative purposes in any way connected with the fulfillment of the relevant contractual obligations or the fulfillment of law requirements (e.g. accounting, tax), or for pursuing the requests of judicial authorities;
3. In case of consent, to check the level of customer satisfaction and to propose (via mail, email, phone, fax) products similar to those already supplied, by regularly sending newsletters, catalogues, brochures, invitations to events or, in general, commercial communications and advertising material, and by carrying out market surveys;
4. In case of consent, the Company, based on your purchasing data and preferences, will also carry out customer profiling and analysis activities, in order to send (via mail, email, phone, fax) advertising communications expressly dedicated to you.
The provision of data for the purposes referred to in point a) and b) is optional, but refusal to do so will make it impossible for the company to pursue its contractual commitments. With regard to the purposes referred to in points c) and d), instead, the provision of personal data is optional, and their use is subject to your explicit consent (see the consent form provided at the end of the specific summary notices). Any refusal to provide consent will not have any effect other than the inability to analyse your consumer habits and duly inform you of any corporate initiatives that may be of interest to you.
Personal data collected through Versace websites is processed by automated means for the time strictly required to achieve the purposes for which they were collected.
Specific security measures are observed in order to prevent the loss of data, unlawful or incorrect use and unauthorised access.
Your personal data is processed by in-house staff, in their capacity of Data Processors or Persons in Charge of the Processing; the Data Processors for data collected through Versace websites are, within their respective competences, the Heads of the Retail, Global Marketing and Communication, and PR departments from time to time. The data collected, if necessary or functional to fulfilling said purposes, may be processed by third parties specifically appointed as external Data Processors, or, as appropriate, communicated to them as independent data controllers. Said third parties are:
i. companies that are part of our group for the purposes specified
ii. individuals, companies, associations and professionals offering assistance and advice to our company, for the purposes referred to in points b, c, d
iii. companies, entities and associations that provide services related and functional to fulfilling the above purposes (courier deliveries of catalogues and/or purchased products, our points of sale, customer care services, market survey and analysis services, credit card payments processing, maintenance of IT systems), for the purposes referred to in point a)
Personal data may also be transferred abroad, including outside the European Union, to companies that form part of the Versace Group. Your personal data will in no case be disclosed.
Versace websites may use the so-called social plug-ins. Social plug-ins are special tools that allow social network features to be incorporated directly within our websites (e.g. the "Like" button on Facebook).
All social plug-ins on our websites are marked by the respective logos owned by the relevant social network.
When you visit a page of our websites and interact with a plug-in (e.g. clicking the "Like" button) or decide to write a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted by your browser directly to the relevant social network (Facebook in this case), which stores it.
Data subjects have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them exist. Moreover, they have the right to be informed of the contents and source of the personal data, verify its accuracy or ask that it be supplemented, updated or amended (article 7 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003).
Pursuant to the same article, data subjects also have the right to obtain the erasure, anonymisation or blocking of data that has been processed unlawfully, and, in any case, object, on legitimate grounds, to its processing;
Requests should be addressed to the Company by email to email@example.com or by regular mail to the following address:
Gianni Versace S.p.A., via A. Manzoni 38, 20121 Milan, Italy
Last review: 1 June 2014